|Contents of this website have been submitted for personal use and may not be changed or used for any for-profit cause. The copyright belongs to the author of these files. If you have files or information you would like to submit, please e-mail us.|
Submitted, December 2000
William Watson SCOTT born 1834, died 1908 and his wife Lilly Isabel SMITH moved from Georgianna, Butler County, AL to New Hope, Holmes County FL before 1860.
They farmed a little and W W SCOTT served as a County Commissioner and a Judge.
They had 11 children reared there:
1. Benjamin Henry SCOTT born 1858, Butler County AL, died 1919, West Bay, Bay County FL; married Mary Catherine Lavinia BROCK, daughter of John Ellis BROCK and Mary Rebecca BARROW of New Hope, Holmes County FL. They had six children.
2. Howell Peebles born 1860, Holmes County FL; married Julia E; had two daughters.
3. William Joseph, born 1862, died 1937; buried Mt Ida Methodist Church Cemetery; married Susan HOWELL in 1884; had 9 children
4. Sara Isabel, born 1866
5. Mary Louisa, born 1869
6. Melissa Malinda, born 1871
7. Amanda Elizabeth, born 1873
8. Mark Smith, born 1874; died in Bay County FL after 1920; married Isabelle
9. Pitt M, born 1876; buried Sandy Creek Baptist Church Cemetery; age 69
10. Frances Rebecca, born 1878
11. Eunice Lavonia, born 1881; died in Bay County FL; married Charles COTTON and had 5 children.
RETURN TO HOLMES COUNTY HOME PAGE
This page was last updated on: 22 Oct 2004